Thursday, February 3, 2011

5- Seeking Solace

I went high. You were there. I went low. You were there.
"I just want to be alone!" I yelled up at the mountains, and all I got in reply was the sound of my voice and a subtle message. Rain. Green mountains surrounded me in plush color that any other artist would truly appreciate. The sound of the light rainfall followed me everywhere, I couldn't hide from it, I couldn't escape from it. I'd always loved the sound of rain, now it was torment. I broke down right there, kneeled on edge of the stony cave I had found, and began to weep. I wept, and wept, and kept crying. Eventually, the storm inside of me rolled away and dissipated, and with it, the storm outside. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and slowly rose into the arms of my friend Dustin.
He followed me here, all the way up those winding muddy trails, even after I told him off like an idiot.
My mind slowly reeled at the discovery of a friend near me. I thought I wanted to be alone... Yet he cared enough to come find me.
"He cared enough, not to leave me alone." I told Dustin.
"I know," said Dustin, "I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment