Sunday, January 23, 2011

2- Love

Love is not what I used to think it was. I used to think of hippies dressed up in bright colors, with picket signs and peace symbols. It was a virtue, and attribute, something that is shown between two lovers. Now it is so much more.
-----
"You were born to die." The man told me, with his face in a grim frown.
"To die?"
"To die."
"What purpose is that? I refuse to die, for I don't see any reason why I should." I stared back at the man who had so calmly pronounced my fate.
"Can't you see? It is only through your death that peace and love can be found. In your death, regrets will be found, people will see faults, and it will make all the difference." He shifted in his chair, and reclined in a ah-la-mode position.
My heart raced, "But I still don't want to die sir."
"Sorry, but that's how it always has been planned."
--------------
Life? Did I dream of it before. I see now that I never had anything like it. My life was led to slaughter, peace is unachievable, except through sacrifice. I now cast myself off the building as a peace activist, but no one will know that when they find me dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment